A collector or Museum consigns a work to a dealer to sell. The dealer does his job and sells the work, but does not pay the Collector or Museum. This is now considered a loss of property and if your current policy does not address this type of loss you may not have coverage.
Now if the consignment date has expired and the dealer is not willing to return the work, in many incidences this would be classified as theft and be covered by your fine arts policy.
For more information on Conversion Exclusion call us at 1.800.921.1008, visit our website at www.ArtInsuranceNow.com or fill out one of the applications below for a fast and easy quote.
• Broad, all-risk worldwide coverage.
• Large and small capacity insurance.
• Blanket location coverage.
• Automatic coverage on a newly acquired property of up to 25% of total policy limit within a 90-day reporting obligation.
• Claims processing.
• Evaluations that assess the current market values of clients’ collections.
• Loss prevention advice and disaster planning.
• Transportation, shipping, and handling consultation.
• Fine art collection schedules (inventory and values of all items in your collection).
• Curatorial and collection management services.
Call discuss your Insurance Needs; 800-921-1008
Chubb is known for their high-Value Homeowners, In many cases, you can include your Art on these Policies, Chubb offers stand-alone coverage policies, even though if your homeowner’s policy is with another company.
Are your valuables worth more than $1,000 (per item)? More than $5,000? Then Chubb says they are the company for you with
their Masterpiece Valuable Articles Coverage. Fine art insurance is inexpensive, generally running from one to two cents per $100 in valuation, depending on location and type of Art. “Price is not the issue in fine art insurance. The scope of coverage, conditions, and limitations along with fine arts expertise are the key factors to consider.
What Chubb offers:
• Itemized coverage
– allows you to determine the insured value
of each of your possessions. In the event of a total covered loss of an item, you will receive 100% of the insured value, with no deductible, and no depreciation.
• 150% replacement cost
– provides safeguards for items that appreciate. If the market value (before the loss) of an item lost or damaged in a covered loss is greater than the itemized amount listed on the policy, they will pay the market value up to 150% of
the itemized coverage amount for the item.
• Breakage protection
– coverage for breakage or damage to fragile items is automatically included.
• Coverage for “mysterious disappearance”
– Chubb provides coverage when valuable items are lost or misplaced, especially when they disappear away from the home. Many homeowners policies don’t cover this.
• Worldwide coverage
– valuables are automatically covered wherever taken, anywhere in the world.
– Chubb does not require an appraisal for every piece that you itemize. For most possessions, they need a description of the item and a value. They generally require an appraisal only for fine art worth more than $100,000, jewelry worth more than $50,000, and any other item valued over $25,000.
• Coverage for pairs and sets
– If a piece of an itemized pair or set (like earrings or a set of silver) is lost or damaged in a covered loss, you have the option to provide them with the remaining piece(s), and will receive the coverage amount for the entire set.
• Cash settlement
– You are not required to replace itemized valuables in the event of a loss. You can choose a cash settlement, or replace your valuables at the dealer of your choice.
• Coverage of newly acquired items
– If a new item is acquired and you already have similar articles insured with itemized coverage, the new item is automatically covered for 90 days for up to 25% of the total itemized coverage for those similar articles (maximum $50,000).
Chubb also has an outstanding claims reputation. We are one of the largest fine art insurers in the world and insure many collections of top art collectors.
To receive a quote follow the link and complete the application for a collector.
tel: 212 566-1881
Personal Articles Floaters Program
Still placing PAF’s on your Homeowners Policy? Does your policy have exhaustive exclusions or limitations and warranties such as alarm warranties or location restrictions? Or perhaps no CAT (catastrophe) coverage or sub-limited CAT coverage with deductibles?
This program rivals the best forms in the industry and is written on an all risk basis and Admitted in all States. CAT coverage up to the policy limits. There are no deductibles, location restrictions or alarm warranties.
And… The Personal Articles Floater program is available for risks of any size.
Still Not Convinced? Look How Easy We Make It!
Immediate policy issuance. Immediate endorsement processing.
Have a schedule from a prior policy? We accept that in lieu of appraisals.
Regarding appraisals, we have no age restriction on appraisals or invoices. Have a large risk with an extensive schedule? Forward to us to import.
We do that too. And we make it easy for you.
Contact us at 800 921-1008 to learn more.
All risk, worldwide coverage for valuables and collections including jewelry, fine arts, and other miscellaneous items. Available for individuals and businesses.
Visit my website and complete the simple application: www.ArtInsuranceNow.com
Inland Marine — Fine art
What it covers
Travelers offer unparalleled coverage for the protection of scheduled fine art items. Coverage for such fine art is available at a permanent location, in transit or while loaned to others. Our Agreed Value Fine Arts Policy ensures that fine art collections are insured under a form that addresses the needs for that collection, while also making breakage coverage, special pairs and sets coverage, and flood and earthquake coverage available.
For significant corporate collections of fine art, or for artwork and collectibles in commercial settings, we offer comprehensive fine art coverage under which a broad spectrum of paintings, sculptures, prints and multiples, and more specialized collections of historical, cultural or technological significance can be insured.
Who needs it
Corporations and commercial accounts may have valuable works of art not specially covered as fine art under standard package policies that can be insured under our fine art coverage.
Art Collection Insurance
Consultation for fine art, collectibles and personal property management.
Bernard Fleischer & Sons have developed a unique, valuable service for collectors, other high net worth individuals and families. We review with you or your Art Consultant, Curator, or Family member alternative coverage options. We can introduce ways to help assure that your insurance coverage is always up to date and as responsive as possible. William Fleischer, CIC is a highly knowledgeable and experienced professional. His New York-based network has access to appraisers, trust, and estate advisors, dealers, and attorneys.
Our focus is on individual, family and corporate needs. Our client confidentiality is very important to a long-term relationship.
As one of New York’s oldest brokerage firms, we work with the best Insurance companies in the business.
Let us protect you and help design the appropriate protection for your collectibles:
•Fine art and antiques
•Fine Art Packers and Shippers
•Private Collectors and Corporate Collections
•University libraries and collections
Art Insurance Now, AXA, Chubb, Chartis, Markel, and Travelers all have a history of working with:
auction house experts, dealers, trust and estate advisors & attorneys.
Their referral lists can help you in:
For more information and to fill out an application for a fast free quote visit us at www.ArtInsuranceNow.com or call 1.800.921.1008