Fine art and museums
Travelers understand the passion that people who manage collections have for their objects. They offer unparalleled coverage and services for our fine art customers, whether it is a cultural institution, a large corporate collection or the dealers and galleries who represent this industry.
As a U.S.-based insurer, their financial strength allows us to offer limits that meet the needs of small institutions and galleries as well as major accounts requirements. Our capabilities extend to managing domestically-based accounts with international exposures. They work with you on many aspects of your account – from the collections to the property that houses the art.
Broad fine art coverage is available for corporate collections of fine art, or for artwork and collectibles in commercial settings. A wide-ranging spectrum of paintings, sculptures, prints and multiples, and specialized collections of historical, cultural or technological significance can be insured.
- Coverage is available at a permanent location, in transit or while loaned to others
- Our agreed value fine art policy addresses the needs for that collection, while also making other important coverages available (e.g., breakage, pairs, and sets coverage, flood, and earthquake)
Museum coverage is available for a myriad of institutions such as those for art, history, natural history, sports, and science and technology. Large and small venues, educational facilities, regional collections and specialized institutions – such as aviation and automobile museums – are among our policyholders.
- Integral coverage components include art at scheduled locations, on exhibition, in transit, or on loan to other organizations
- We provide coverage options for museum-owned property or the property of others for which the policyholder is legally liable
The diversity in the gallery community gives us the opportunity to personalize coverage and service offerings.
- We work with you on your needs for specialized transit, art fairs, and exhibitions
- We help you manage the risk exposures at your gallery and storage locations
Other associated businesses
We also work with specialized fine art shippers and operations that manage other components of this industry (e.g., art handling, crating, storage).
The Inland Marine Network has developed a circle of risk control consultants, and a claim team and theft investigators who are well-versed in the particulars of valuation and restoration issues that are so important to the overall mission of the fine art community. Risk Control works on management practices and location risk analysis. Our Claim team also has a group who specializes in art so they can fully support this industry. The Specialty Investigations Group helps in theft protection consultations and assists in theft recoveries.
For more information and a fast, free quote visit us at www.ArtInsuranceNow.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.