Today I learned a new word. I was reviewing a schedule of fine art insurance and came across a word which I was not familiar, Intaglio Art.
Intaglio Art, what can this be? So off to the land of Google search, I came across the definition in Wikipedia;
Intaglio is a technique in art, in which an image is created by cutting, carving or engraving into a flat surface and may also refer to objects made using these techniques:
- Intaglio (printmaking), a group of printmaking techniques with an incised image.
- Intaglio (jewelry), or engraved gem, similar techniques in jewelry.
- Intaglio (sculpture), also known as counter-relief, distinct from relief.
- Intaglio (burial mound), a similar technique for decorating burial mounds with geoglyphs.
- Blythe Intaglios, large Native American designs on the ground in California.
- In wood carving, more correctly known in English as inlay.
I then looked up some pictures and this stuff is really cool
We proudly insure this type of work. Let us insure yours, Visit us at www.artinsurancenow.com, call 1.800.921.1008
Let me insure yours
• Art Dealers
• Artist Transit/Exhibition/Studio Insurance New Program
• Corporate Collections
• Personal Collections
• Museum Collections
• Business Owners Liability
Submit your review