Our customized insurance policies are geared toward your typical Art Galleries, Museums, Exhibition space, and Dealer businesses. We combine General Liability, Public Liability (Bodily Injury and Property Damage) into one straightforward policy along with non-salable contents, desks, chairs, computers, fixtures, racks and business property. Our policies can include landlords, curators, and artists as additionally insured.
Qualify for better pricing if you combine General Liability and Property Insurance into a Business-Owners Policy with Fine Arts Insured under a separate policy to maximize coverage while minimizing price.
A Business-Owners Policy includes:
General Liability insurance coverage of an Art Gallery insurance policy is comparable to a typical commercial general liability policy, providing protection against claims of bodily injury or property damage for which your business may be liable.
General Liability means liability insurance for the cost of defending lawsuits stemming from:
- Accidents which cause bodily injury and/or property damage
- Trip and Fall Incidents on premises.
- Claims such as libel, slander, and False advertising
- Errors or negligence from professional service is not covered by a General Liability Insurance policy. Must purchase a separate policy for this.
- Business property insurance for physical assets, such as contents, improvements to your space including decorations and furnishings non-salable items.
- Can cover loss of business income and extra expenses resulting from a covered loss.
- Outdoor Sign
- Insurance Money and Securities Insurance
- Employee Dishonesty Insurance
- Water Back-Up Insurance
- Off Premises power failure
Broader coverage on a stand-alone fine art policy: fine art while in the gallery, storage or while in transit,
The same type of coverages can be found in our Museum, Exhibition, Private Dealer, and Auction House insurance policies.
What is the average cost of Art Gallery Insurance? Premiums typically start around $600 but every art gallery has different requirements, property values, and coverage requirements. Prices will vary.
Please call William Fleischer, CIC at 212 566-1881 ext 111 or visit us at www.ArtInsuranceNow.com